PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F35 C first deck landing
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 09:03
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Spaz, re your message 224. Yes I agree the FMS is proving to be excellent and I do understand the use of flap - no flap switch because IDLC makes stick input control flap, changing approach angle rather than changing pitch, hence the name delta flight path.

My interest was about discussing the possibility of failure(s) that may degrade either FMS or any part of the system. I'm guessing your oblique reference to auto-eject in the B was a throw away line - barring a complete or catastrophic flight control failure, I'm hoping the reversion are mode isn't a Martin Baker let-down!

There's not much open source material on flight controls (probably a good thing), so I wondered if anyone had any unclassified gen to share on it.

Perhaps my question wasn't complete enough. Let's try, are there reversionary modes and, if so, is it a big deal for pilots to use it? My experience of flying FBW (a much older system than this!!!) leads me to conclude that failures can happen and when they do they can really change the way your aircraft flies.