PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 04:57
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paywavegate cont/- Dear Heff...L&Ks Margie

Speaking on yet another of the current crop of executive, obfuscating, bureaucrats that fall under Mandarin Mrdak's murky spell remember this...

Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee - 20/10/2014 - Estimates - INFRASTRUCTURE AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT PORTFOLIO - Airservices Australia

CHAIR: Well, Mr Mrdak, you and I must have a discussion immediately following the shut-down of this committee in 30 seconds about the matter that was raised earlier...
Well here is ASA CEO Ms Staib AVM (not retired) belated explanation to the Heff
Dear Senator Heffernan

SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET ESTIMATES OCTOBER 2014

I write regarding statements made at the Senate Estimates Hearing on 20 October 2014.

I wish to correct the record for the following section that appears in the Hansard:

Date Monday 20 October 2014 Page 145
In response to a question from Senator Sterle relating to a staff member's misuse of an Airservices Corporate credit card. I stated:

Ms Staib: lt is in the order of about 10, 000 to 20, 000 dollars and it was around travel, if my memory serves me correctly.

This matter was complex as the credit card misuse related primarily to inappropriate expenses being incurred during periods of approved business travel. In some cases, travel had been modified or adjusted without approval.

The misuse was identified through internal credit card governance processes and thoroughly investigated. The investigation conclusively identified transactions where personal benefit had been obtained that amounted to less than $3,000 in total.

In considering all the circumstances of this matter, including some complex matters of a private nature, the decision reached by management was to terminate employment and not refer the matter further.

Airservices complied with all relevant guidelines and policies in relation to both the conduct of the investigation and the subsequent management actions. This includes provisions of the Australian Government Investigation Standard 2011 and the Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines 2011 which give guidance to agencies on circumstances where referral to external law enforcement or prosecution agencies is appropriate.

Section 10.10 of the Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines 2011 is particularly relevant, stating that:

"Agencies are responsible for investigating routine or minor instances of fraud, including investigating disciplinary matters. 'Routine or minor' means instances of fraud that, on initial assessment by the agency, would be unlikely to be accepted by the Australian Federal Police under its Case Categorisation Prioritisation Model."

We are, however, in discussion with the Australian Federal Police about whether there is anything additional that would enhance our processes for assessing and referring cases.

Airservices takes a very strong approach to the misuse of corporate credit cards and has robust processes and procedures in place todetect and respond to any instance of misuse. Regular reviews and audits of compliance with credit card and travel procedures are conducted across the organisation.

I trust that this appropriately clarifies the situation for the Committee.

Yours sincerely

Margaret Staib

Chief Executive Officer

24November 2014

So again we get the standard spin and further clarification that it is ops normal & under control..."move along nothing to see here".
Do you think if we fraudently received $3000+ dollars of Centrelink payments that we would get off with a simple slap on the wrist and a do not pass GO do not collect $200...not bloody likely..

MTF...

Last edited by Sarcs; 25th Nov 2014 at 05:28.