PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is for YOUR benefit
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 04:45
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fliion

I hear what you're saying regarding teaching technique and I agree but I always view that aspect more in regards to direct operation of the aircraft rather than general advice. The screen issue would definitely come in under the latter. Why some people with relatively low experience seem unable to take general advice seems to be lost on me and is appears to be an increasing theme here.

You site leaving the charts out as an example yet there have been specific emails in the past reminding pilots to leave the flight deck in a neat and tidy manner. However, from a practical view, I see little point in putting away the destination charts at outstations when I know all too well the crew are standing on the air bridge waiting to take over. They're left in the small folder, in order, neat and tidy. If the aircraft is not going out within the next few hours, they're replaced into the main binder, same as Dubai. I try and apply common sense.

The problem is we have too much pre scripted for us and guys lose the ability to think for themselves and deal with each situation practically. What would you prefer, my example above or straight handover at outstation with charts away and window blinds drawn, at 9pm in the dark, in the rain......in Manchester!

We sometimes criticise the cabin crew for being robotic yet I've seen a few android numpties here too!