PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone recently sat CASA AASA Exam?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 02:34
Jay Bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFT notes are lacking in detail and fall short on some content. AFT practice questions are easily worded and very simple.
Got the Avery exam practice test and some of those questions in there were not covered in the exam. For $500 or so for text books I expect a lot more.
50 questions you get. A very mixed bag. I got about 10 questions that I didn't really know cause I didn't come across the information in the study texts.
From memory TCAS inhibits (RTFQ) FMC cancelling. Few questions on braking and aileron lockout. Question on comparing a straight wing versus swept back wing and how they differ at max C/L before mach1 and after mach 1.
Few more aerodynamic questions that weren't covered in detail. A question on bleed air and its effects on EPR and the relationship of TAS, CAS, MACH through inversions and isothermal layer. So a mixed bag of very simple questions and a few not so
If u can get your hands on Oxford aviation atpl books there's a large bank of questions in there that might help
In the end I wished I used other provider notes.
When I was doing the test at around 10 questions that I left to the end to stew over, I thought all I want to do is just pass even though I hate just scraping through and scraped it I did