PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More RAAF intransigence YBWW/YBOK
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2014, 20:28
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
And QF drivers pay for their aircraft also I assume? When I buy my own aircraft does that mean I have to hate the RAAF also?

Your hits at military aviation in this country are becoming increasingly more broad and desperate, you are perfectly entitled to your opinions about airspace management, I don't even really disagree with you in your overall view, but the general snarky remarks about the RAAF and its professionalism from an operators perspective are poor at best.

There is no such thing as a SQNLDR deciding to just go for a jolly because they feel like it in the modern Air Force. If someone is going flying, its for a specific reason, to meet a specific objective and they are current aircrew. There are plenty of FCI's at the SQNLDR level that can do things with an aircraft that are quite impressive, your insinuation that they are just going for joyrides is a bit far off of the mark to say the least. There are also quite a few SQNLDR's currently dropping bombs on ISIL in the Middle East.

Considering the type of flying that the Air Force does, and how often they do it, they don't seem to (touch wood) put a lot of smoking wrecks in the ground, whether a Flying Officer or a Wing Commander is at the helm.