PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shut-down magneto check - advice
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2014, 16:40
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSD

So let my try one more time, you ridicule aircraft because they are NOT old unreliable, expensive, difficult to fly and lack mass market appeal.

It looks to me like the attitude that resulted in the end of both the British light aircraft and the Motorcyle industry's , Fortunatly the motorcycle industry has recovered with a range of modern motorcycles that meet the aspirations of the market.

The down side is that I see very little chance of the light aircraft industry recovering with the help of the backward looking attitude demonstrated by yourself.

May be I have missed your point, probably because I can't see it is worth making, this opinion has been formed over the last few years of dealing with one and a half Gipsy majors welded together to result in twice the problems, the result is a wonderful historic aircraft for flying on sunny days but I certainly don't see it as being superior to modern aircraft just because there is a section of aviation enthusiasts who think it is a classic British aircraft.