PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2014, 11:16
PilotInPink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding gliding etc. time to a CV makes it easier to present a candidate to immigration and, in the case of some companies, to the (non-pilot) boss. They don't know the difference- it's all flying time as far as they're concerned.

I've seen quite a few CVs come through that include ultralight and gyrocopter hours in their total time, so I don't see why gliding should be any different.

Hell, the guys even include simulator hours in their total time over here! (One "450hr" pilot turned out to have over to 150 hours in a simulator, and people seemed surprised that his line training took about 3 times longer than expected *head-desk* ).

Do I agree with the practice? Short answer, no. But it is what it is.

So by all means include gliding in your total, but I would recommend you break it down into aeroplane and glider. Something like: x hours total (x aeroplane + x glider), x hours Pic (x aeroplane + x glider)... There's nothing that annoys me more about CV's that I see than having to work out someone's hours or not having the full picture. You would be surprised how often the 'single engine' total and 'multi engine' total don't add up to the grand total of flight time. (Side note: why tell us what your multi time is? There's only single engine aircraft in Maun.)