PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2014, 09:58
767 Autopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Armani, you must be new here. We have many happy pilots, some over 15 years here, many on their third or fourth contract.
AJX(V) have always had some training failures, and 99% of them are because of Attitude. Saying that some-one was fired for no reason is naïve. There is always a good reason a pilot, to whose training company has invested a lot of time and money, gets fired.
It does not matter how many type ratings or licenses or hours you have, if you are not a right fit for this job, they will get rid of you. This contract is not for everyone.

Kraus, if you fail a re-currency check and go non current, the pay will stop until you are current. This is nothing new, has happened before, just ask around.
Lately we have had some failures in the sim- and line-checks because of a combination of silly mistakes (ie "I F....messed UP" - can happen to any-one) and poor preparation. No-one has been fired for these (except one last year, but he had a very bad attitude about it. A special case).
If you prepare properly and actually study and show a good attitude, you will not have a problem. If you fail, you get put to a training program and will be back to line very fast and training will continue until they thing that you no longer need it.

If you boys are not happy, I suggest you find a new gig because based of your comments I do not want to sit next to you for 6 to 8 hours while you bitch about your miserable job.

Happy cockpit is a safe cockpit.