PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA JAR-FCL ATPL about to expire
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2014, 08:36
Popgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK CAA JAR-FCL ATPL about to expire

I'm hoping someone can help me understand this EASA mess, where I stand and what needs to be done.

I have a UK CAA issued JAR-FCL ATPL which needs to be reissued before 31 January 2015. Only type on it is the B744.

My last Instrument Rating test (B744) on this licence (I have ATPLs from 3 other countries) was in August 2010. I last exercised the privileges of this licence in September 2010.

Since late 2010 I have been flying on my Australian ATPL and only doing Instrument Rating renewals for the Aussie licence.

I started wading through the 906 pages of CAP 804 to see what I need to do to have my UK licence reissued and now have a splitting headache!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Am I screwed? Please tell me I do not have to go to the UK and hire a sim and do a check just to keep my European (UK) licence?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

PG

PS. I should add that, while my current type is the B777, I really don't need this or any additional type ratings added to the B744 currently on my UK Licence as I don't intend to use it any time soon. I just don't want it to lapse or be cancelled after all the blood, sweat and tears I went through to obtain it 20 years ago!!!

Last edited by Popgun; 24th Nov 2014 at 10:01. Reason: Added PS.