PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2014, 00:33
PJ2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Roulis...mais non, mais non!,....I'm not hacking for VF! I strongly dislike glamour and media...a little credit for my years of reasonable posting on the subject,...please!

Somewhere in between the BEA's work and those one-hour dumbed-down television specials which insult the investigative process, we in the industry have to find a way to convey the lessons of AF447, and "me too" thought that Langewiesche article was worth reading even as it does not tell a full story. It's not either/or...but one must choose from the thousands of documents and articles on AF447 and I considered among them, the VF article reasonable.

For me, the BEA did a superb job in both its interim and final reports. However for me, the BEA may not have dealt thoroughly enough with the Human Factors aspect of this, but you will have known that that was my view from all the writing I've done here in the past. Because 30 others faced with the same abnormality made a log-book entry, there is something different about the AF accident that requires addressing because this accident is only partly technical. I have flown thousands of hours on Airbus aircraft and while these airplanes requires different skills and thinking than all the other aircraft I've flown, it is still a superb design and a wonderful design to fly. That said, one has to know one's airplane, thoroughly and the training regimes must support this view.

Last edited by PJ2; 24th Nov 2014 at 05:21. Reason: clarified what could be a confusing sentence!