PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish Aircraft down in Turkey?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2003, 14:26
jungly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant help but wonder if the Airline in question was EAST LINE. They used to do a lot of UN charter work and I have been witness to several very near crashes (particularly on over wieght take-offs) from various UN operstions.

As a military pilot and having worked with the UN I can safely say that my biggest fear on a UN job was getting to/fm the theatre on these charter aircraft.

The UN uses the cheapest option...end of story (often, if rumours are to be believed, with significant backhanders to various corrupt individuals)

In my (humble) opinion there should be a thorough investigation into the ridiculous number of UN charter aircraft crashes...and yes, those so called "diplomats" drinking their bubbles and pink gin on Manhatten Island should swing by their nutz when the negligence/corruption is proven.

I have no time at all for the UN...they are corrupt and ineffective...and too many people die as a result of diplomatic in action and corruption.

RIP to the Spanish soliders, sadly your names are added to the UN hall of shame.

In the meantime responsible Governments around the world should out-right refuse to have their troops flown on such charters....and then extract the costs for proper, safe air transport from the UN bill.