Old 23rd Nov 2014, 12:29
1expat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Late pay Loss of route authority to China

Sent: 20 November 2014 22:54
To: Jet Asia Airways
Subject: November 1st Salary

Dear Jet Asia,

I want to thank you all for being as patient as you all have been regarding the delay in salary payments which were due on November 1st. I know how much everyone needs their pay check to make ends meet and how much everyone depends on it being paid on time. Despite that you guys have been very understanding and patient and I really truly thank you for that. We expect to be in a position to pay the salaries that were due up to November 1st on Monday.
This unfortunate delay in salary payments is a result of a combination of things which were unexpected. As you all know we operated almost 1,400 hours for Air India during their Hajj operation, we did a great job and fought though the challenges we faced with that hard operation. Unfortunately due to some operational irregularities by another airline with who we collaborated with Air India has not paid the final 3 weeks of flights. At the same time China has rejected all of our flight permits for the month of November for reason which are still unclear.
These two difficult situations happened quite unexpectedly. The unexpected nature of this situation left us without enough time to plan or react which is why faced this sudden cash shortage. We expect that things will stabilize in the month of December onwards.
Despite this whole lot of bad news in a short period of time we have lots of good news.
This past Tuesday we implemented our brand new Ticketing and Reservation system, Altea from Amadeus. This is a world class ticketing and reservation system used by leading airlines around world. This will allows us to sell through the GDS and other channels.
We have received all of our permits to begin operating flight between Jakarta and Jeddah via Bangkok starting December 16th. Our sales team has done a great job and this will be one of our most profitable routes.
Our Tokyo flights are selling extremely well, we expect it to be profitable in November which is a great feat since we only just launched it 45 days ago.
Our business for the UN is still going strong and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
We are working hard to stabilize the situation again so that we can focus on growing our company and accomplishing all of the goals we have.
I once again want to thank you for your patience and for supporting me and the rest of the management team. We will get thing back on track as soon as possible.

Jacob Saba
President

Jet Asia Airways Company Limited
Level 29, The Offices at Centralworld
999/9 Rama I Road, Phatumwan,
Bangkok 10330 | Thailand

Tel: +662 207 2543
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.flyjetasia.com