PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pensions Alert
Thread: Pensions Alert
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2003, 12:12
Follow Me Through

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pensions Update

Serving members of the military beware because you may not get an immediate pension!

I understand that the gallant, serving individual who raised this matter above the parapet has been chastised thus - 'we are disappointed that this has been raised at such a sensitive time' - re Gulf 2. No denial - just disappointment! Is it now, post Gulf 2, too much to hope that these bloody 'politicians' hiding at PMA/MOD et al could show some spine and integrity and come clean with plans for current serving members pensions.

Senior officers currently serving that just tow the party line instead of making a genuine case for those that they represent make me remember why I left the mob after 20+ years.

For those of you currently serving this should be one of the top threads and, ergo, needs profile on every unit and especially on this site. It has the potential to affect you until the day you die - or your wife dies.

Perhaps the federali that read this or at least ADCs or PSOs could make sure it gets the visbility it deserves after 'morning-prayers'. The 'starred' readers could then make up their own minds, using their own consciences(please do not look up and see what your boss indicates), and then make a statement to clarify your position on this. It even affects you I think - unless it only applies to certain ranks or time served?

Look hard at yourself and the service you serve, remember the values you are supposed to represent and put YOUR head above the parapet.

Heres hoping for an unambiguous statement from the military on behalf of the treasury - yeah right.