PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol ground school 3 modules?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2014, 16:31
transmitforDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the above post. Having just recently finished Mod 1 and now focussing on mod 2, I see no issue with the current 2 mod system. Bristol have very successfully been running this system for years and this is one of the many reasons they stand out, why change now? That's not to say that this new idea is a bad one however I don't believe they're doing themselves any favours when it comes to distancing themselves from the competition by offering a more sparsely placed module setup.

With regards to accelerator weekends and 5 day brush up courses with subsequent exam sittings, I would not have sufficient leave to cover a more drawn out period. Plus tabbing it between Sussex and Somerset is enough of a pain as it is for the original course let alone an extra one with accelerator weekends. For me personally it would be untenable so it would be hard to imagine what it's like for those coming from overseas and beyond. That's just my situation though for others it may be a perfect solution.

I do hope the current system remains in place for the next year, at least for my sake