PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear SO
Thread: Dear SO
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2014, 11:20
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XFR8, STW, et. al.

This is EXACTLY why many of us are devoting a lot of time and effort to the current dust-up. We don't want to see this happen to our airline. Many of us love what we do, are interested in the long term profitability of the place and working conditions, and don't want to see it trashed out by a few self-serving managers who place ego and power over people and profitability.

If we DO go down the path the short sighted folks seem to want, we will see exactly this--as folks gain experience and ratings we will lose them at exactly the time we most want and need them. Folks will use this as a training ground and bolt. No contract on the planet will be enforceable to keep them.

It's hard to fathom how those who are paid so much can act so stupidly. I might not like the fact that fuel and airplanes cost more now than they did in 1960, but that doesn't mean I will pout and hate fuel and airplanes and write volumes about how fuel and airplanes are screwing me. Skilled labour costs money just like any other resource. It ALSO has the somewhat unique quality that when it gets pi$$ed off it doesn't work as well.