PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USCG stuck: Bodega Bay
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2014, 09:22
Old Age Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PrivtPilotRadarTech

I've never been able to really understand where these people come from or indeed, why they get hooked on a particular story and get so wound up about it.

There's a few names on here that clearly state themselves as non-pilots or non-experts, yet have this furiously aggressive adamancy in certain controversial incidents. These 'names' all seem to be relatively newly registered. Maybe they're all the same person? Who knows.

What I do know, is that these people exhibit classic signs of being the exact kind of person I would never wish to fly with.

To me, this bloke lost his argument when he said:

I'm assuming that the crew had a gps at least as good as the $99 gps I have, which would show the terrain and roads in the vicinity of the accident.
In the world of aviation, one has to have humility and bags of humbleness to truly learn and live. The arrogant and prideful tend to hurt themselves at some point or another. Or worse; hurt somebody else.

Relax, guys. Don't get yourselves wound up. This person is either simply a troll having a lot of weird fun winding people up, or actually has more knowledge on this incident than is letting on. After all, who in their right sane mind, could possibly have an opinion so strong about how events unfolded when they were not there to see them!? I'm no rocket scientist, but I know that things quite often didn't happen the way one assumes they did. In fact, if you really truly found out how the holes in the swiss cheese did line up, you may be completely surprised!

To make judgements based on no first hand knowledge is folly.

Be nice to each other. It really does make the world a nicer place