PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2014, 04:20
Solar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amelia
As a Strabane rate payer I will not be holding my breath to benefit from the profit that CoDA will be making despite their rather optimistic business plans.
I read the initial article in the BT and it came across as a rather cynical attempt by the airport management to lay the blame (for the uninitiated) on Ryan Air for the increasing losses.
There was a follow up article which was more accurate but the damage was done.
As a regular traveller I would prefer to use Derry but the routes are not there.

On a slightly different note I have in the past had dealings with the airport management regarding private flying and I can assure you that they are in no way general aviation friendly to the extent that few private owners keep their aircraft there if any other options are available.
In fact there are frighteningly similarities to Blackpool in most of CoDA's management methods.

I would love to see Derry make a go of it but as you point out with the present road infrastructure it's almost as handy for Strabane folks to use either of the Belfast airports.
CoDA is as your well aware a political decision airport and as such will continue to drain the council resources for the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure what you mean in that it is in the Limavady council area, if that is the case why is it being funded by Derry?

Solar