PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about starting out
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2014, 00:39
kingRB

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Dreaming.
Unfortunately not. I know of those that were around 200 hour mark when I had close to 1000 about 3 to 4 years ago that have well overtaken me and now fly in airlines (albeit, regional). Some people can still get a dream run from the bottom of GA all the way through to airline level flying. One could argue whether they make their own luck or not. I've seen cases where some very much deserved the progression they got, and others that just left you scratching your head wondering how.

I am in a similar position to you mate, and find myself now continually questioning how much more I can keep sacrificing in life to try and keep moving forward career wise. Definitely not easy and definitely not the for the uncommitted or faint of heart.

I try to keep remembering something someone told me many many years ago: "stick at it long enough, you'll make it to where you want to be. The ones that don't make it are the ones that quit".
If I apply that rationale to a lot of pilots i've known over the last 20+ years, it seems to hold out!