PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC WINGS ATPL
Thread: CTC WINGS ATPL
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2014, 22:06
kalsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC WINGS ATPL

Hi,

So I know this has probably been discussed many times before somewhere in the masses of threads, but it would be great if someone could enlighten me....

So I have been offered a place on CTC wings ATPL course, I'm due to start in January.

I just wanted to find out from past/recent CTC Wings ATPL cadets

1) What you’re experience is and if you have found a job once graduating from training?

I have heard a lot of various things and I am contemplating whether to go ahead with training, as I know it is a huge sum of money to pay.

2) How many people from the hold pool get a job after graduating and what is the turn around time? CTC say they have a 98% placement rate but of course this is probably not how many people actually get employed after training, must be how many people get interviews for a job right!!!

I’m sure ill have loads more to ask but this is all I can think of at the moment.

But having read this document I do feel a little stressed out on if I should actually pursue a career in it.

http://www.balpa.org/My-Airline/Airl...rack-2013.aspx

Before I leave, a bit about myself. I am 24 a civil engineer in the rail sector, which is big and has no shortages of jobs. My dream has been to fly of course otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. But I am contemplating if the risk is worth my dream career knowing I could end up without a job and in debt. My parents have agreed to be my guarantor to sponsor my training.

Any help advice is much appreciated