PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could it Happen? and then what !?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2014, 19:17
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Wensleydale,

She certainly isn't prepared to enter into any kind of pact with the Conservatives.

Kintyred,

I've often thought in recent times that circumstances being what they are, a different approach to the Nuclear deterrent might be worth considering. i.e. a Tactical weapon system. However, I honestly think that the rise of Russian Hegemony under Putin makes the Strategic Deterrent a more viable option again.

The trouble ahead that I see is people getting to sit on the Government benches who 20 or more years ago would have been seen as far too radical and dangerously idealistic, but now stand a far better chance of placing the future prestige of the U.K. in question and turmoil. Not to mention the near certainty that a any kind of Left/Liberal coalition would doubtless endanger the economy. Whether, Labour teamed with the SNP or the LibDems, Greens etc, any future Government pick 'n' mix involving any of the afore mentioned is bound to pursue flawed economic policies based on trying to rip into Millionaires and Billionaires (fruitlessly) while in practice ending up ripping into people who are perhaps not laden with surplus cash but manage to get by in a nice family home they've had for years. That could end in tears for many. Vote Myleen Klaase!

FB