PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY assessment - Anybody going on Nov 24th?
Old 20th Nov 2014, 09:46
bob777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flap 2 ..you got it right. Still there is a small problem and that is the fact that THY refrained from expressing its real intentions and acted lets say, " misleadingly" , and there is still a chance, if they don't do something about it quick, it could backfire. I don't agree on the "any airline would do it". Actually no airline "does it" beside Korean that clearly states its no upgrade policy in the terms of their temporary contract which includes excellent salaries accommodation and commuting to compensate.Nevertheless they are on a permanent recruitment spree as not many if anybody is planning an FO career, it may just happen.
Beside the apparent immaturity, may be due to underlying frustrations, that such an attitude would suggest, my impression is that some "managers" of THY have a too high esteem of themselves and a very low esteem of "yabanci" considering them idiots they can mess around ( and their careers ) with impunity. I think there might be a tad of delusion in this . Remember this is Turkey, a EU candidate country not some Gulf kingdom and THY is the best "European" airline.
Rumors are that steps in the right direction have been taken so let's hope for the best for everybody as the vastest part of the company and the people working for it do not deserve to be misrepresented nor criticized. The fish always smells from the head.

Last edited by bob777; 20th Nov 2014 at 13:33.