PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Story time... give me your best.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2014, 06:17
an3_bolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My most memorable flight - was my last flight.

Almost a year to the day - the Skipper gave me the opportunity to fly the last sector of the pattern back into Sydney.

It all ended with a visual approach to approx 5nm final Rwy 16R. Down over Mosman from the coast, dipped the wing around Gladesville and into the slot at 5nm. A real bit of flying that was rewarding and enjoyable. Jagged a nice touchdown in the zone for the 18 wheeler.

Although I talk like it was just me - it was really the combined efforts of the skipper and the other 2 guys that made it all happen like silk. I just did the caressing and fondling of the controls. They did all the work. Thanks guys.

I remember walking out the gang plank and into the terminal......having that look back to make sure the strobes or beacon were not left on after a long night at work.

I did not know it at the time - but it was my last flight. Medical cancelled and job terminated. Flying over half way through a career.

When a Jumbo goes past - I still look up and think of that visual approach - what a great way to finish when you never saw it coming! I still see the guys faces in my thoughts - and mentally thank them for a great last flight.

Cheers guys.