PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru engine failures
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 19:11
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radix said:-
I'd be interested in a link to actual data rather than hear say.
Get hold of the turbo compound operating manual written by Norman Rice based on material supplied by Wright Aeronautical Division.
It is called ' Basic theory of operation turbo compound engine'

If your local technical library can't source it you could always splash out and attend the next Advanced Pilots Seminar and get the book free. You might also learn a lot more about internal combustion engines. It's win win really because if you feel you didn't get your money's worth they will give you a full refund and you walk away with a free book.

Continental and Lycoming have been extremely successful in producing reliable engines so to say you understand more about their engines than they do is a bit arrogant. (Only a bit)
I don't claim to know more about their engines than their engineers but I do claim to know a better way to operate their engines than that written in their operating manual by their marketing department. When the operating manuals are written by engineers the engines will last twice as long as they do now but that wouldn't make the sales department happy would it?