PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More RAAF intransigence YBWW/YBOK
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 12:47
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
The last post from "username here" and his ilk is typical of the attitude that makes it so difficult to get efficient airspace usage around Australia's major population centres.

Richmond, Nowra and Williamtown military restricted airspace alone is greater than the total of PR military airspace in the USA.

Have a look at the standard size of a US military or NATO zone, and ask yourselves why the Australian military needs such huge zones. I wonder how the Yanks, the Canadians, the RAF or any of the European air forces manage, but they do. And they do it safely, with little or no disruption or delay to civil traffic ---- of any kind, not just airlines.

The real answer is we don't need these huge area, but the bloody minded intransigent attitude of the RAAF has prevented any proper integration of civilian and military ATC for as long as I have been flying. I have sat in more various airspace committee or planning meetings over the years than I wish to remember, the RAAF representatives are always pleasant, but we never make any progress.

The airspace volume around Amberley and Oakey is just as ridiculously large as around Sydney.

We continue to publish purported restricted military training areas outside Australia's continental limit, which have absolutely no legal standing, but it is the same arrogance as displayed by "username here" that is the basis of why we continue to do so.

It is about time Australia grew up, and stopped behaving like a whole bunch of little waring tribes, all defending their narrow and parochial interests, and to hell with everybody else.

Tootle pip!!