PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Personal issues
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 12:40
intlpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fight for your children

If you're still on the thread... fight for the sake of your children's future...until you can't fight anymore... Always keep it in the back of your mind - once upon a time you were friends...
I have it from a reliable source - EK experiences over 65% divorce rate among pilots...
My aviation brother... This job and lifestyle takes a toll on us as well as our families. Rostering does their part for "the Company" - clearly not us. Take back control of your life before this issue gets out of control...
I've had 3 families. I fought for my last one - still have them. I'd still fight for them - even when - the most significant negative life event (as current psychologists refer to it) - adultery - happens to you OR because of you.

Personally, EK Flight Management are real people too - I take my hat off to them - I kept Fleet up-to-date (weekly)- I was OFF for 3 months. Shrink was shocked when I told him I had enough of the psycho-babel and either I was going back to work at EK or I was moving out of Dubai. That time of my life was a living-hell... and after living nearly 60 years on this planet - I've seen a lot...
If the worst thing happens and you both finally decide to throw-in the towel and go your separate ways - for what ever reasons... Be gentle... Be kind but firm... Divorce here is not so bad - pretty straight forward. But most important sort out what/how/why for the children... I grew up - multiple divorces and raised myself in spite of becoming an "afterthought."
Remember aviation is a choice for what may be 40 years if you're lucky... Your children are for a lifetime.