PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 11:02
dubbleyew eight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think?
if you look back at history the department once employed 15 or 17 people per aircraft.
that was when the department ran publications, control towers, airport maintenance, rescue and fire fighting, accident investigation and guessed their way through aeronautical engineering issues.

ok the government split all that up and privatised out the stuff that a buyer could be found for.

we now have a situation where their dispersed, privatised best ideas aren't working.

STUPIDITY is what I think.
if you get inept idiots to manage something they don't have much of an understanding of they will make a right hash of it all won't they.
well they have.

Air Vice Marshal (retired) Skidmore would have had experience of useless units that had a function that was actually needed.
the services suffer these from time to time.
the solution used in the forces is a total staff change.
I was involved in one of these once and what a difference we made.
3 year delays were replaced by an ability to meet the need within 5 working days. even if the need was in the tons.

CAsA is on the skids. no denying that. odd that they should draft in a guy named Skidmore. is there some freudian humour at play there?

just in passing I would comment that you need to get the overarching philosophy right. in CAsA's case it clearly isn't.
CAsA only legislates in the interests of safety. well bollocks to that claim.
2 years in prison if your aircraft takes off without a maintenance release.
ha ha ....bull****.
as a private owner who maintains his own aircraft and is the only pilot why would I need a maintenance release? I know the state of the aircraft intimately since I maintain it myself.
I haven't bothered with the paperwork bull**** it a decade come two months time.
you'd think I would have crashed by now if CAsA's great mantra was even half way correct. 42 years accident free and counting.
get stuffed CAsA. you are such plonkers.