PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 10:56
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UberPilot, apologies you are correct there is no promise. The course is sold on the following statements which they still advertise.
The ATP Scheme
One step away from an airline career
There are no guarantees but, since 1994 when the original 'ATP Scheme' started, all those who reached the ATP Database pool of short listed pilots were placed with an airline. It is just the timing that is hard to predict. As we mentioned before, on successful completion of the AQC course to CTC Wings standard, you will be placed in the ATP Database' to await type rating training and airline placement.
Both taken from their website just now. So read into that how you will.

goosemaverick, I agree with your approach as in ring them direct however you need to ask the right questions. There has never been a question mark about ATP's going for TR but it is believed they are CTC Takeoff pilots and not traditional ATPers. The "watch this space" is simple, since my last post my friend contacted me and corrected me on a few points. According to them:
1. There are no more assessments in 2014 with ATPers due to attend unless the Flybe dates get sorted by then.
2. It is actually the first few days in Feb when they are all flushed and not the end of Feb as I thought.
3. That gives approx. 3 weeks in Jan (due holidays) to get the 80 or so ATPers some kind of assessment with some airline let alone if they meet standard some kind of offer.

So as you can see CTC in the coming weeks will start "crying" out for ATP's as "the ATP pool is about to empty!", they are so busy blah blah.

If it really wasn't about revenue generation then why flush the existing ATP's?? As others have pointed out on here the CTC MCC is the most expensive on the market and therefore an excellent cash cow especially as they don't have to place anyone anymore, simply genius!