PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T/R Loss of Effectiveness
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 09:20
PerAsperaAdAstra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't give me this, "The tail rotor gets into horizontal VRS!" bullcrap. It does not. And don't give me this, "The main rotor vortices interact and interfere with the tail rotor thrust!" bullcrap either. Those are all just girly, whiny excuses instead of just admitting that your piloting skills are so poor. KEEP THE DAMN NOSE STRAIGHT WITH THE PEDALS, ALRIGHT? I know you're already preoccupied making your two inept hands try to do the right things on the controls - I know that. But don't forget about your feet! They're in the fight as well. Use 'em or lose 'em.

FH1100 Pilot, hope you're not referring to me here, it sounds like it. let's see, 7000 Hrs without having scratched an aircraft, both fixed and rotary, mostly military and on a diverse range of operations, doesn't exactly seem to match up to "poor piloting skills" or "inept hands", as you so subtly put it. Don't know why you would assume I have some sort of lack of competency with LTE or landing into wind, I was merely interested in a conversation about some causes theories on LTE. It's an interesting subject.

Are you seriously saying when tracking rearwards no wind conditions, there is no loss of lateral and or longitudinal stability due to the effects of main rotor wash on the T/R and the horizontal/vertical stabilisers? I thought the 205 was well known for that?

Yes it seems there is a lot of "bullcrap" at times on this forum, in this case it seems from your direction......? Pity because you did make some good points, when you weren't making derogatory personal comments.