PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320/320 Side Step aproaches
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2014, 08:57
alatriste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone for your inputs.

We do all know how to fly an airplane to a paralell runway or perform visual aproaches according Airbus SOP.
It seems that almost everybody agree to activate (as soon as in visual contact) a SEC-FPLN with a visual aproach to the landing runway. I do also agree.
My initial inquiry was looking for a more practical or expeditious way to get rid off the ILS APP mode with actions such as erasing the ILS freq on RAD-NAv page or push to disarm APP on MCP/FCU or both. I donīt know if this would work.
My concerns are about LOC deviation below stabilizing gate and chances of get a GS caution on short final when the LOC/GS index had been removed from the PFD after pushing FD to off, LS to off and bird on.
Be advise that some companies are really strict on stabilizing aproach citeria and any deviation recorded by the FOQA is closely revised. No matter if you are following PAPI or on visual conditions.

My final goal is being able to fly a side step "natural way" but without exciting the FOQA gate keeper.

REGARDS.