PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Story time... give me your best.
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2014, 20:14
junior.VH-LFA

Received 71 Likes on 25 Posts
Story time... give me your best.

G'day everyone.

Maybe this isn't the right place for it, but I've noticed over the time I've been looking and occasionally posting on PPRUNE that there is a lot of doom and gloom cast over aviation in this country, for many valid reasons.

The idea of this thread, is to post your favourite or an enjoyable aviation experience you have had recently or in the past. There are a lot of people like myself that are still (perhaps delusionally) in love with flying in this country, who want to own aeroplanes and fly as much as they can who read these forums, and I thought it might be nice to have some more postive things out there to show the other side of our passion. There are some blokes and gals here with more experience than you could poke a stick at that must have some pretty awesome stories.

I'll kick it off with something pretty benign, I don't exactly have copious amounts of flying experience (yet), but have been in love with aviation for as long as I can remember thanks to my Dads efforts as an airport refuler at Bankstown taking me out with him in the truck on a regular basis when I was 7 years old.

I recently completed my first aero solo in a civlian aircraft, the first time I've really flown an aeroplane without an instructor and had time to really sit back (as opposed to having a very set strict crteria of objectives to complete) and just enjoy what I was doing. I don't think I've felt anything like it before, and I don't think I could get the smile off of my face. Never thought a C172 would be able to do that to me, but I stand corrected. Since getting involved in the civilian side of flying, all I can think is that I want to be an aircraft owner, despite the obvious financial stupidity of that, and just enjoy my own personal flying as much as I want to do it for work. It was great fun.

*disclaimer* If this thread is too lame or a waste of time I'll delete it and we will never speak of it again.

Last edited by junior.VH-LFA; 19th Nov 2014 at 01:54.