PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2014, 16:44
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone wanted proof of the paucity of airline knowledge and experience at WG - this article provides it in spade loads.

Yes, it is truly great they have the ambitions for the place, but do they not understand that just because they wish it to happen, that is not enough? An airport with a market that cannot support a service to GLA, let alone DUS, is just the place for long haul wide body services clearly!! Just because the airport can handle a 747-400, or an A380, doesn't mean for a fraction of a second that any airline is going to start services with that equipment from there. Fairford, I believe, could have handled the space shuttle, but I never heard of one going in there...

I think I am right in saying that BA selected the Airbus maintenance programmes for their 380 fleet, so they won't be coming to CWL, except on rare diversions. Whilst they have proved the thing can taxi at CWL, I bet the terminal would have issues with that many people arriving at once....

With politicians like this, they may as well call the house builders in. Not a clue.

TA