PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2014, 16:38
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had a quick chat with my friend who is in the pool and knows several others in there too. They read this forum but do not post.

To their knowledge no one from the ATP pool has been taken out in the last 3 years except the CTC Takeoff modular guys that have completed their AQC over the last year. CTC told them that the Airlines prefer the CTC way of training so demanded fully CTC trained pilots even if they were modular. I guess this relates to PJATE1 and I suspect this was their routing.

There is a rumour that there have been a very few taken that are non-CTC but my friend or their contacts do not know any of them. Kind of like an urban myth.

There has been some communication regarding possibilities at eJ and Flybe with more hoops having to be jumped through but this has now gone very very silent and CTC admitted that only one more TR course is planned in 2015 which isn't quite full yet.

In my eyes CTC have opened the course again as come end of Feb the ATP pool will be empty, not because they have been snapped up by airlines but because they are all going to get flushed....unless you are CTC Takeoff of course. This will be the reason they are saying there will be a large chunk of movement. Simply a play on words.

Go in with you eyes wide open, expect to lose everything and take it as a bonus if you get something from it. You need to be able to simply throw away almost £10k and be totally happy about it. It appears CTC have right royally shafted a lot of qualified pilots who are no doubt very angry and I for one feel disappointed for them.