PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering pilot career
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2014, 15:16
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstley, understand that the airlines "aint what they used to be", I retired seventeen years ago and working conditions, pay, quality of management have gone down hill since then {no conection with my retirment} I now make a better income flying a modest little corporate aircraft than the vast majority in the airlines , also use it a a training ground for young pilots, {all girls by the way, they have far fewer problems than the crop of young males I hired in the past!} If you are even thinking of starting a family I must point out that I was 23 years in the game before I had Christmass of, just an indication of the problems one is saddled with if kids are involved. If you have a decent income and job right now may I sugest, if you are hell bent on flying for a living, keep the job, and start as a part time instructor, then try to find a part time corporate job, this is the path followed by most of the young ladies who have flown with our company, its certainly worked for all of them, and the partners seem to be happy with this life style as well, as one said to me," Where else would I get flown in a corporate aircraft to spend time on the beach with my wife and kids?"{ all for free may I add!} Now, not all companies are as generous as ours, but there are others out there. good luck to you!