PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2014, 19:08
SAW77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

ok so I don't want to turn this post into a 'Am I to old to become a pilot' post ! As you can see from my profile I've just turned 37. Like most on here I read all on the net about the age limit to become a pilot, you read 'your way to old to start in your 30's or 40's then you read the 'I know a few F/O's who started to train in their 40's !'

I've been thinking about doing my PPL and a career change for a few years but for one reason or another the PPL hasn't happened until a few months ago although I'd done the odd trial lesson before. I'm currently doing my PPL with a local school and I really enjoy it, my current job is well paid and pretty secure with a trade behind me but again like most it's not what I want to be doing for another 20-25 years. As I'm doing my PPL in my spare time and funded by myself I'll hope to complete it before I'm 38 !

My question is once I've completed the PPL what or where can I realistically get or do in an aviation job at my age ? Obviously I know I'll have to do more training on what I do but I'm a bit confused on where I can get and if I should do it or just treat it as a hobby but then I'd still be looking to change my career !

Thank you.