PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair Interviews
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2014, 16:06
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a local contract, which means not confair, you are liable for tax in Switzerland and social premiums and pension in the local country (in the case of my examples: Poland). This means that as a CPT with 2K hours in the LHS you can take home 5.5-6K on average. If you reject the construction of income tax paid 'at source' (which is very low if you take into consideration how income tax is dealt with in CH), then it makes no sense to discuss any further as we would be debating different things. My social premiums and pension are a higher percentage of my gross salary than my income tax. That's how the bloody thing is set up and the tax man in the Netherlands sure has no problem with it considering the double taxation treaty that NL and CH enjoy. Should this tax dodging and social dumping be allowed for companies to do? No in my opinion, no way. But the fact is that the way it is at the moment, the only country that has protested such employment practices has been France with the case of FR cabin crew (IIRC) being based in France whilst on Irish employment contracts.

You have captains coming on here telling you what they are making on a local contract. What more do you want, really?