PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2014, 12:45
LoCo Commotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am curious whether those of you posting above about going for selection at Norwegian really are serious about joining this company? Surely you have read about the guys getting royally shafted for the winter?

Will you be asking the question at interview whether you can expect the same treatment next year? Will you accept the 'it should not happen again' answer that will no doubt be given? With very little fleet expansion next year I know what I would bet on. Expect the winter off unpaid.

Ok, I know it's a shaky contract with no private medical, no pension but now you can expect a 25% reduction in pay to boot. Do you really honestly consider this a sensible career move now? I only started with Norwegian in the middle of this year and believe me, I have made a huge mistake. I am definitely regretting leaving my previous employer. I was naive enough to take Norwegian at their word and to trust what they said. I would never have accepted a summer only contract and the cost and disruption of relocating my family for this was definitely not worth it. I took a chance that a 2 year contract would lead to more - it didn't pay off. I wasn't expecting to get stitched up after only a few months. I only have myself to blame.

I imagine this move to lay pilots off over the winter will greatly stem the flow of applicants in the future - and so it should, especially those from Ryan where it's now perhaps a case of better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Don't take the risk.