PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Winkle' Brown story
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2014, 07:58
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by P6 Driver
I've said it before and I'll probably say it again...

Some years ago, a facsimile edition of the flying log books of RR Stanford-Tuck was produced and I believe, sold out fairly quickly. If someone were to do the same with the log books of Captain Brown, I would pay a tidy sum for a copy. On the recent Desert Island Discs programme I think he mentioned there were 11 or maybe 12 log books detailing his flying!
The Society of Experimental Test Pilots boasts amongst its membership most of the world's most interesting pilots. Think Brown, Aldrin, Armstrong, Hoover, Lovell, Rutan, Gilliland, Mikoyan, Farley, Cooper, Chapman, ... Look for the gold "X" flying suit shoulder patch in recent years. Pretty much always visible if you watch video clips of first flights and suchlike worldwide - whether that's Scaled or Eurofighter: Boeing or Airbus

It also runs two charitable foundations, the larger of which is to support the education of the children of deceased TPs. I've suggested to the last two presidents that notable members, or if they've passed on, their families, could be approached about publishing facsimiles of their logbooks to raise money for the two SETP foundations. If there are any other TPs reading this, they could always try adding their voice to mine, as I still think that it is one of my better ideas.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 17th Nov 2014 at 08:09.