PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of VH-SVQ and all nine POB: 20 years ago
Old 16th Nov 2014, 21:18
tipsy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Words fail me.

It is the 'regulatory management club' that has and continues to fail the industry and the public.

The various ministers being politicians can't see further than the next election, the 'secretary' of whatever department is responsible for air transport exerts the most power and that's all they see ( and public service status of course). The most recent (mis)Director of Aviation Safety demonstrated the most lucid case for contraception and as that had failed, euthanasia.

Given that ministers come and go at a political whim and the various DAS appear to be in it as a retirement job for just a few years, I am left to believe the total mess I have seen the aviation game in for the last 46 years rests with the flunkies appointed as the "Secretary" of a Department of changing names.

It would seem as though they are power and string pullers behind the 'regulatory management club'.

If in doubt visit all those wonderful videos of Senate committee visits by the present incumbent.