PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Meydan Heights preview, get ready
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 18:13
Overtimer997

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whistle - We are stuck my friend between rocks and hard places!!
The main reason I and many others did not buy a place apart from not having 1 mill+ spare is simple. Should the market take a correction and I mean a big one, you may be left in negative equity on your property and your provident fund WILL be raided when you leave. I know how much I can leave here with should things go bad but many in your situation do not. I'm not saying you did a bad thing especially if you bought in better times but buying now with thousands of villas and apartments coming on line seems to be not such a smart decision especially for a new joiner.
I agree that Meydan is a total joke and just not fit for purpose but this is what the company have forced upon us. This decision will bite the company in the ass, as the word is well and truly out on just how bad things out there are. I was shown a letter form accommodation outlining the 2500 dirham charge for having a number 2 upstairs!!! Unbelievable, just unbelievable....mind you I do find myself saying that very frequently recently!