PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTRS and 05 Pension
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 11:17
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Another interesting thought to consider is something that I mentioned in the link above. As everyone with 10+ years to go will transfer to AFPS15 next April 2015, and you need a 5 year break if you join Regular/Reserve or they will re-open your pension scheme on AFPS15. Does that mean that those that transfer to AFPS15 and then leave before 55 to go to FTRS will be able to continue accruing and then take the pension at a later date?

I think it might, however, the only niggle in that plan that I can think of is that FTRS do not have a 20/40 point and only a NRD of age 60. So if you leave before age 60 then parts of your pension would be preserved to age 65+ (depending on how old your are!). But if you did stay until age 60 on FTRS then you should not have lost the lump sum if my assumption above is correct for those taking FTRS after Apr 15.

PLEASE do not take this as gospel and speak to one of the experts in Glasgow or the FAFPS Team in Main Building - and get it in writing so that you have some recourse if the rules don't work out that way!!!

LJ (sitting smug on AFPS75, thank you! )