PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset
Thread: Headset
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 10:35
KORE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headset

Hey guys

I want to get a better round-up for buying a new headset. I know there are many threads dealing with this topic but still I feel some confusion especially when it comes to particular options like talk – through functions etc.
As I will start on the B738 soon, more precisely with RYR, I wonder which headset would be the best for me. I’m really interested in the Sennheiser HMEC 26 because I heard a lot of positive aspects from pilots and forums like pprune. I guess the price for such an ANR, airliner headset is pretty much OK comparing it to the A20 from BOSE for instance.

My uncertainties:

- - I read that some airlines have/have not build in, electric power supply for the Intercom system which allows an ANR powered headset to be used without batteries because it gets the power supply through the microphone power line?! Anyone with experiences on that, maybe with RYR in particular?

- - Talk Through: Is it worth getting the headset version with the talk-through function?

- !! The plug connectors: Did I understand it correctly that the flying computers called Airbus have different connectors like the XLR 5? This means to me that I can use a “normal” 2 way plug connector headset in a 737NG, can’t I?

Looking forward to receiving some helpful ideas and tips from you guys!