PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair Interviews
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 09:50
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eastern european management style eh? CEO HU, EVP UK, COO NL, DFO UK, FLT OPS MGRS: DE, PL, HU. Yeah mate, I really feel behind the iron curtain here. I'll be the last to say that there isn't plenty to improve in this company, there really is. But you are just stirring, misinforming, spewing and even insulting the same peoples and cultures that offered you a job to begin with, calling them racist no less. I am just a lowly FO like you sir and like you I am not from here, but you strike me as a particularly pedantic drama queen. Get over yourself and present facts when you are in a debate, because trust me nobody that I know from the aforementioned MGMT people has the inclination, time nor energy to care about who you are. Even if you would like to feel important. A lot of fun you must be in the flightdeck .

Furthermore there is nothing wrong with my mathematics.
(40.000 x 1,05^(2))/12 + at least 40 sectors x 60 = 6075 = 25685 PLN at todays rate.
(40.000 x 1,05^(2))/12 + at most 60 sectors x 60 = 7275 = 30759 PLN at todays rate.

This is for a captain that has flown 2000 hours in the LHS, before tax and pension/social security. Considering that we realistically fly plenty more than 40 every month, I'd say my colleague was not just right, but right on the money. And this is with the numbers that you provided, I don't know the exact numbers that he has in his contract. It is a poor salary for the job, that thing is for certain in my mind. I will allow you to interpolate for seasonality yourself as I honestly can't be bothered, suffice to say that our season lasts around 8 months.

As a last thing to note, it is no big secret who I am. Anyone with any time in this firm that lurks this forum can easily guess it. Despite the fact that I have been critical about this company in the past and in the present, I have never heard anything and nobody has been trying to intimidate me at any point. As I said, I think we work for different companies!

Last edited by drfaust; 16th Nov 2014 at 10:37.