PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSOCAS
Thread: ATSOCAS
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 08:46
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And to note you need to sort it relatively quickly if you want peoples habits to remain to speak to a service.

Yes we train them to use what ever ATS they can get. And mostly they will stay with that. Unless pushed away from it.

If the pilots come away from that it takes quite a lot to reform the habit back to always using a service.

Once they get used to not talking and have a pleasant stress free flight and nothing ever happens to them there is no real motivation to going back to speaking to an ATS.

And I think this will affect regional airport ATS more than it will the pilots. Well it definitely will because as I have learned by experience talking to nobody in class G has absolutely no effect on my flight only a reduction in workload and annoyance factor.

So someone better wake up to this problem and do something about it because it will take years to sort out the habits of pilots to come back to using a service. The longer you leave it and the more you piss pilots off the harder it gets to get people back.

Or maybe this is the cunning plan to stop pilots using the service and force all the regionals into getting controlled airspace.

If that is the plan its working a bloody treat.

BTW I don't know any Pro pilots that do still take a service when flying by themselves privately in class G.