PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 08:09
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll give you a clue,

Q. Tell me when you have worked in a team?
JT2. All my working life, Oh, I'm working in a team now, doing this job for the last 7 years.
Q. Yes, but other than that, when have you worked in a team?
JT2. I'm applying to be a police helicopter pilot here, I am doing the job now, very well so I'm told. I have 3 Chief Constables Commendations. Why are you asking me this when I can show evidence of doing the job well??
Q. Its a standard question list for all of the candidates.
JT2. Ok, I think I have suitably answered that question.
Q. Oh all right, we will move on. Tell me when you have recently had to resolve a conflict at work.
JT2. How recently do you mean?
Q. In the last 5 years.
JT2. I can honestly state that I have never had to resolve any sort of conflict at work in the last 5 years. I work in a constituted crew and we get on like a house on fire.
Q. There must be something that has needed resolution?
JT2. No.
Q. Are you telling me that you have had no problems in the last 5 years that you can discuss here?
JT2. Oooh!! I see, you want me to make one up?
Q. No, no we don't!
JT2. Look, I want this job, I can do it well, I will get on just fine with your crews. The reason I am applying is that I have been told it may be possible to fly the helicopter AND the Islander. This really motivates me a lot. I was told that I was coming here for an informal chat, not a full structured interview. I think its pretty obvious that I am not answering your questions well, anything else.
Q. No, thanks for coming, we will let you know.

I left, phoned the pilot providing company and told them that I had failed the interview, thanks for the opportunity.