PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 20:58
newaviator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes , my post infers that the airport always had GA , Biz jets and Helicopters operating on a daily basis and it was always relatively successful at supporting those markets not the large commercial activities.

Offshore Oil and Gas support in the Irish Sea has a good few years left and will always be needed , as the energy industry is vital to the economy , Fracking will generate work on land , and the potential for possible Fracking offshore has also been mentioned in the media in the past , but if any potential airport purchaser could get its act together , it wont lose or drive away this or any other current ongoing aviation business , which it has either already lost in some capacity due to the current situation or faces the potential to drive away. Current based companies such as flying clubs/operators and biz jet operators are suffering on a daily basis due to operating restrictions - this just cannot be sustained as viable at the moment.

If Blackpool maintains an airport of some kind the potential for regenerated traffic will come ..... either from existing organisations in situ or new ones if the asset is marketed and operated correctly.

My post inferred that the Low Cost airlines wouldn't probably figure in the future - they cannot - if the airport stays as it is now , with limited equipment and few staff ...... once bitten - twice shy in that market !.

My own opinion - no Boeings to be seen here , move along please.....

Last edited by newaviator; 15th Nov 2014 at 21:12. Reason: update text