PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61 questions
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 11:23
manymak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW something to watch out for those who have been keeping everything current with an annual MECIR renewal: Next time you renew your IR in a twin you can't fly singles anymore until you do a review
JJTS,
That's the way I read it, and also one of the creators of this mess in Canberra agrees. But in the words of Demtel: "Wait, there's more".

Not only do you need separate IR renewals for a single and a twin (and one FOI says you can't do an SE or ME CIR in the same flight as a flight review), but it seems you need separate tests for CIR "glass" and "round dials".

The potential cost is horrendous, compared with pre. Part 61.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Beware of MOS provisions that do not fit regulations, there seem to be lots of conflicts.
Where in CASR 61 does it make any reference to glass and conventional cockpits? I can't find anything in the CASA Flight Examiner handbook either. What a horses a*se.

As for whether a MEA Flight Review covers a SEA can any of the part 61 experts out there find a reference better to the one I provided. All of the flight crew licensing guides out there all agree on the fact that a MEA FR will cover you for SEA.