PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair Interviews
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 10:37
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know as well as I know that due to the structure of this company, and others, and the way that they are allowed to be incorporated within this European Union of ours it makes it extremely difficult for single staff to make any difference. Management knows that and has purposefully set the company up in this way. Just like yours has if you are in FR. In my previous airline I was indeed member of the union. It is much simpler when you are based in one base, in one country with one group of pilots. That being said, I came here voluntarily (whilst having other options) and don't regret my decision as I always knew what it would mean. I had personal reasons for doing so.

In the mean time, I try not to do anyone any favors without getting compensated really well for it and it works quite nicely for me. On the short term I should be leaving for an airline in Asia, because sadly it does appear that the only way to vote is with your feet in the current aviation climate. What I certainly am not doing though, is accepting a job whilst fully knowing all it's consequences and then coming on here berating the country where I am based. Or neglecting my own responsibility when it comes to the contract conditions that I, and all of us here, accepted. So what am I doing? It appears that certainly a lot more than most on here.

We can certainly discuss terms and conditions, the things that could and should improve or are otherwise neglected by my employer. But let's be grown up about it and read into the material at hand first before starting some sort of discussion. It would certainly reflect better on some of the more junior colleagues here and would increase the probability of me, but more importantly the company, taking their complaints and grievances to heart.