PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Side Slip (wing down/cross control) Landing Technique on Airbus (A330)
Old 15th Nov 2014, 02:34
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back when we were flying dozens of different types of aircraft while waiting for our shot at the airlines when noone was hiring we were competent to fly so checking out in a Citation Jet or Lear was done quickly with your charter company or what ever you were doing. No ground school, no formal training, just learning the differences and taking a check ride. We all could read a manual and get in the airplane and after a couple flight were competent in that type. No training on how to land or SOP's because we were expected to fly a single, twin cessna, Beach 18, Citation any time a flight came up. The Lear I was flying that night I just started flying so never got to do a cross wind landing until then. Since I wanted to make sure I had enough rudder to compensate for the crosswind I used some upwind thrust. If you don't think fuselage mounted engines require much rudder with assymetrical thrust you are wrong. Try a V1 cut with no rudder some day.