PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSOCAS
Thread: ATSOCAS
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 22:08
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whowhenwhy

Thanks for that considered reply.

Its actually a bit of fresh air not being treated as a "clueless" pilot that just doesn't understand the intricacy's of modern day ATS.

The service is a consistent ****e one in my experience apart to be honest from the old hand grumpy sounding auld fart ATCO's that provide something usefull, but I suspect they are operating outside unit policy.

There is a real danger because CAT pilots who normally don't operate in that environment don't have a clue how much risk exposure they are accepting with the services. Encorebaby is not unique.

I now work mainly outside the UK, but my operator now has banned all but two of us from going to pick up/drop off aircraft in the UK in class G. Everytime they send a none UK pilot to an airport outside controlled airspace there has been an incident and some form of MOR to be resolved.

Is this really the way UK ATC should be that operators have to ban none UK pilots from operating there for safety reasons?

To be honest the old hand ILS to ILS CAS UK pilots are just as much ignorant as the foreigners unless they fly lights in their spare time.