PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 19:57
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hitch a ride – have a say.

Jinglie they must be keeping that one tightly under wraps...CIC perhaps??

From Last Minute Hitch
...I will be in Canberra on Monday week for a sit-down meeting with new CASA Director of Aviation Safety, Mark Skidmore. What I am battling with at the moment is that I won't have him for too long, and with so many issues for both Mark and general aviation to face, what do I ask him. What do you all think? If you could only ask one question of the new DAS right now, what would it be?

May your gauges always be in the green,

Hitch
Anyone want to help the man out? ...Ideas ?, anyone???...

And from the regurgitator...:
AVIATION industry organisations met yesterday to discuss the federal government’s track record in fulfilling its pre-election commitments. Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss recently announced the appointment of Air Vice Marshal Mark Skidmore as the director of aviation safety at the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and moved quickly last year to announce an aviation safety review headed by David Forsyth. But there is concern about the lethargic response to the Forsyth review and the failure to set up an industry advisory committee. Questions have also been raised about why outstanding members of the CASA board have yet to be announced and who those members might be. The concerns come amid continuing anger among many sections of the community about reforms introduced under the tenure at CASA of previous head John McCormick. The government has promised a response to the Forsyth review by year’s end.
the TAAAF equally are playing Mum... ..but not old Dick who is still at it...:
FORMER CASA chairman Dick Smith has renewed his campaign of several years ago against the removal of VHF Flightwatch transmitters. He has accused the air navigation provider of failing to comply with its own legislative requirements that safety should be the most important consideration in the service of its powers and decision-making. Airservices chairman Angus Houston said the changes were introduced after a comprehensive safety analysis and an external review. He said the operational circumstances and a lack of occurrence reports since the decision supported the decision. But Mr Smith has accused Airservices of putting profits before safety and has asked for a copy of its review.
MTF...

Last edited by Sarcs; 14th Nov 2014 at 20:10.